Custom Search

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Welcome To My Blog

Hi my name is Karen I am 35 years old and I have 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I have found that raising a boy is much hardier then raising a girl. (It is a lot cleaner though, girls are very messy) You would think that girls would be hardier because of all the drama that goes along with them, but even with all the drama, boy's are hard headed, stubborn, and defiant. Boys just seem to have a way of looking you right in the eye (with that innocent look) and do just the thing you do not want them to do. You know that they know what they are doing too, you can just see it in their eyes. Of course it does not help that my son is the only boy in my entire family, I have 3 sisters and they all have girls, so I guess you could say he is a little more spoiled then others would be. Now I have only reached the age of 12, 11 and 6 for the girls and the age of 19 months for the boy, but I have already hit the teenage drama for the oldest. My 12 year old is into the fashion scene and has a short temper when it come the her sisters (especially with her 11 year old). The 11 year old would prefer to stay a little girl and gives no thought to how she is dressed or if her hair is combed or her teeth are brushed. This really bugs the 12 year old, and the more she brings it up to her the more the 11 year old will do things just to annoy her. I have found that trying to make them get along is the worse thing that you can do though. The more I try to make them get along, the more they don't. I will intervene when things get out of hand, like the hitting, biting, punching, etc. For the most part if I just let them alone things will usually work themselves out. You see sometimes all they are looking for is some extra attention, but you have to be careful, because giving them the wrong kind of attention can be worse then no attention at all. The best advice I can give you is let things play out on their own until things get out of hand (you will know when that is). As for the fashion situation, just let them be their own person, everyone of my children have their own personalities, and the best way they have of expressing themselves is though their clothes. The most important thing is to allow them to stay young as long as they can, they will grow up fast enough as it is, and believe me they will grow up fast enough on their own. (Once they grow up you can not bring them back to the cute little babies you once held in you arms, enjoy them as babies as long as you can, before you know it they are all grown up and don't need you anymore.)

No comments: